Immanuel Lutheran Middle School offers:
- Skilled teachers promote high academic standards while helping middle school students develop skills in creative and critical thinking.
- Core academic subjects include Religion, Language Arts, Mathematics, and Social Studies; science and math honors classes for seventh and eighth grade; high school credit available for science and algebra in eighth grade.
- Additional classes provided in Art, Physical Education, Spanish and Technology; electives that include Student Servants, Current Events, and Yearbook.
- Sixth grade takes an Outdoor Education trip to Luther Springs learning all about our environment, and studying the water and animal life. They also get to participate in fun activities such as canoeing, sand painting, and archery.
- Seventh and eighth grades classes alternate between trips each year. In even-numbered years they spend 5 days in the Everglades and Florida Keys studying the unique ecosystems found there. In odd-numbered years, they spend 8 days in Washington D.C. studying our nation’s history and government, visiting sites such as Mt. Vernon, Arlington National Cemetery, the U.S. Capitol, the Supreme Court, and the Smithsonian Museums, just to name a few.
- Comprehensive music program including chorus and advanced band. Students have the opportunity to be involved in several musicals throughout the year. Our band and chorus also travel to select events during the school year.
Extracurricular activities: athletics, National Junior Honor Society, Student Council, Science Fair, Spelling Bee, National History Bee, sound technicians, guitar club, and others.